Generation Connect Service Camp
about generation connect
Generation Connect promotes intergenerational relationships between high school students and elders through a summer camp format. In June 2020, Pebble Tossers and A.G. Rhodes will offer our second week-long educational and fun opportunity where teens will engage in meaningful volunteer projects and learn important life skills.
Selected volunteers are paired with elders at A.G. Rhodes to gather and record oral histories, spend time and develop relationships across different generations. The goals of camp are to build and strengthen connections between people, to teach the value of listening, and introduce youth to career development opportunities in the fields of healthcare, social work, elder care, facility administration.
The biggest thing I learned while at A.G.Rhodes was that even though we are all parts of different generations, we aren’t very different from each other after all.
watch our 2019 camp recap
- Volunteer through direct service at A.G. Rhodes Wesley Woods.
- Earn service hours towards graduation or club requirements.
- Gain leadership skills through volunteer management and advocacy.
- Engage in meaningful activities that will enhance a college application.
- Learn about various careers in health care, and worked alongside industry experts.
- Make new friends and have fun!
- WHEN: Monday, June 8 – Friday, June 12 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- WHERE: The camp will be held at A.G. Rhodes’ Wesley Woods location: 1819 Clifton Rd, NE, Atlanta, GA 30329
- HOW MUCH: The cost is $100 per student which includes meals and snacks, a t-shirt, a field trip, all expenses associated with volunteer projects, and an end-of-camp party
- Rising ninth through twelfth graders are eligible to apply.
- Teens must be available for the duration of the camp.
- Teens who are 18 years old must also complete and pass a criminal background check.