Generation Connect Service Camp
about generation connect
Generation Connect promotes intergenerational relationships between high school students and elders through a summer camp format. In July 2023, Pebble Tossers and A.G. Rhodes will offer our week-long educational and fun opportunity where teens will engage in meaningful volunteer projects and learn important life skills.
Selected volunteers are paired with elders at A.G. Rhodes to gather and record oral histories, spend time and develop relationships across different generations. The goals of camp are to build and strengthen connections between people, to teach the value of listening, and introduce youth to career development opportunities in the fields of healthcare, social work, elder care, and facility administration.
The biggest thing I learned while at A.G.Rhodes was that even though we are all parts of different generations, we aren’t very different from each other after all.
watch our 2019 camp recap
- Volunteer in direct service at A.G. Rhodes Atlanta, located near Grant Park
- Earn service hours towards graduation or club requirements
- Gain leadership skills through volunteer management and advocacy
- Engage in meaningful activities that will enhance a college application
- Learn about various careers in healthcare and work alongside industry experts
- Make new friends and have fun!
- When: Monday, July 17 – Friday, July 21 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: The camp will be held at A.G. Rhodes Atlanta – 350 Boulevard SE Atlanta, GA 30312
- How Much: The cost is $100 per student which includes meals and snacks, a t-shirt, a field trip, all expenses associated with volunteer projects, and an end-of-camp party
- Complete an application
- Attend each day of camp
- Have reliable transportation to get to/from A.G. Rhodes Atlanta each day during camp
- If 18 years old, pass a criminal background check
- Provide proof of COVID vaccination
- Agree to follow any masking requirements in place at the time of camp