Now that the world is slowly emerging from the global pandemic, it is more important to implement positive changes to prevent history from repeating itself. A common buzz phrase used by many environmentalists and humanitarians is, “act locally, think globally.” But what does this look like from a more concrete perspective? Millions of lives are devastated every year by disasters on both a local and global scale. Without the selflessness and courage of those willing to help, even more lives would be lost.
One of the most important factors when mitigating the effects of a calamity is preparation. Many organizations continually prepare in case of emergency; they gather food, medical supplies, shoes, clothing, books and educational responses. After feeling trapped and helpless during one of the most formidable events in recent history, it is essential to take action and help victims.
Pebble Tossers strives to support the greater Atlanta area in a myriad of ways, especially following the COVID-19 pandemic. We want to take this time to thank you for being an active member of our community and supporting those in need. Below are ways you can support individuals in need, both locally and globally. We hope you will join us in giving during this tumultuous, transitional period:
• Pebble Tossers Volunteer Portal: Empowering and equipping youth to lead through service.
• Action Ministries: Volunteers are needed to help Action Ministries fight hunger and house neighbors. Click here for Projects.
• Soccer in the Streets: This great nonprofit reaches kids through soccer play, work-readiness training, hands-on experiential activities and youth leadership councils. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Soccer in the Streets is offering coach-led at-home writing and soccer activities as well as hundreds of free meals each week. Click here to Help.
• Blood Donation Centers: The American Red Cross has an urgent need for blood and platelet donations. To find a Red Cross blood drive or center, click here. For independent blood centers, search the America’s Blood Center database here.
• What to know about the Coronavirus and Blood Donation: American Red Cross faces a severe blood shortage due to an unprecedented number of blood drive cancellations during this coronavirus outbreak. Healthy individuals are needed to donate now to help patients counting on lifesaving blood. Blood Donation Link.
• America’s Blood Centers | It’s About Life: America’s Blood Centers is a national organization bringing together community-based, independent blood centers. Learn More 2021 ADRP Annual Conference Find a Blood Center ABC member blood centers serve communities across the United States. Find a Location Near You Connect. Learn. Excel.