- Georgia Aquarium: Webcams and check out The Aquarium on Animal Planet
- Zoo Atlanta – Visit the Panda Cam and learn online
- High Museum – Learn online and enjoy these art-making activities to try together
- Discover new ways to create with colorful rubbings from cool textures.
- Get your art featured in an online student Exhibition for PreK to 12th grade students
- Fernbank Museum – Take a peek inside the exhibits and experiments at Fernbank with their #museumathome projects.
- The YMCA at home for kids and families page provides a wide variety of resources that include family exercise ideas, healthy meals, and fun daily activities.
- New York Metropolitan Opera – Each evening while The Met is closed they are offering an encore presentation of their Live in HD Series beginning at 7:30pm until 3:30pm the following day (EDT).
- Earth Challenge 2020: Join a global citizen science effort to protect our planet.
- Share your local air quality as a part of Earth Challenge 2020
- Live Thrive Atlanta: Working to create a community that cares about a healthy and sustainable environment.
- Where to Composite in Georgia: A city by city list of composting locations.
50 Years of Earth Day: The Health of Our Planet and Our Own Health are One and the Same – by Our Friends Live Thrive Atlanta
On April 22, 1970 – the first Earth Day in history– over 20 million Americans took to the streets to protest America’s inaction to combat the damaging effects of 150 years of industrial development.
Advice from Experts
Positivity Touch Points (1 of 3) – by Michelle Schroeder – Lowrey for Pebble Tossers
It is something we often talk about in a longing way… “I wish we just had time to slow down and be together.” Or “We are never all home at the same time!” And now, EVERYONE is home. Only, this isn’t the “slowing down” we were talking about, right?
Positivity Touch Points (2 of 3) – by Michelle Schroeder – Lowrey for Pebble Tossers
What do we do when our uncertainty, fear and anxiety start to overwhelm us?
In real-time when the big feelings start to overwhelm our brains and bodies we must start with calming – 3 Deep Breaths. It has to be 3..
Positivity Touch Points (3 of 3) – by Michelle Schroeder – Lowrey for Pebble Tossers
How do we stay grounded and in the present moment? Right now, I am leaning a lot on GRATITUDE. There is a lot of research out there around how expressing gratitude effects your personal happiness.
Executive Function + Volunteering – by Mary Ulmer-Jones, Pebble Tossers Board of Directors
Shelter in Place provides us the time and energy to focus on meaningful things. It is meaningful to me that Pebble Tossers has given my son a platform to practice executive functioning.
The Opportunity for Growth, Found in the Instability of COVID-19 – by Amanda T. Parrott, MSW, LISW-CP for Pebble Tossers
COVID-19…How will you show up for yourself during a monumental event in history?
I pose this question to remind you of the power that you hold when managing this and other stressful events you will encounter in life.
Dealing with Coronavirus Anxiety
Have increased anxiety about the global pandemic? Don’t let anxiety take over your life with these seven important steps from Jelena Kecmanovic, Adjunct Professor of Psychology, Georgetown University.
Justice + Equality