September Cause Area
Cards to Encourage our Elderly Friends
How can volunteers help: This project is open to Pebble Tossers members and nonmembers. Cards/notes can be handmade or purchased. Be creative and have fun! Must make a minimum of 10 cards/notes/letters/drawings.
- Volunteers can create Happy Grandparents Day Cards to arrive before September 12th.
- Volunteers can create other cards or notes with cheerful messages and drawings to uplift the Elders’ spirits throughout the month.
- Volunteers can create cards, notes and drawings for Elder Veterans to thank them for their service and to uplift their spirits and provide encouragement. There is a similar project for Remembering our Veterans on 9/11, click here for details.
Registration: Pebble Tossers members should register for this project by clicking here and choose any of the dates on the service calendar in order to record your hours. If you are not yet a Pebble Tossers member click here to register. Once registered volunteers will receive details on how to complete this project and where to send your cards/ notes. Recipients will include Elders at A.G. Rhodes (Atlanta, Wesley Woods, Cobb locations) and Trinka Davis Veterans Village.
Other Ways to Help Elders in Your Neighborhood:
- Go shopping for a neighbor
- Mow their lawn, water flowers, pull weeds or do other yard work
- Play a game or do a puzzle
- Help with technology, send emails, teach them how to use features or applications on their cell phone, tablet or computer
- Make a meal or a special treat
- Go on a walk together